mobile-menu mobile-menu-arrow Menu
 
 

The Stewartry Museum

Kirkcudbright
 
Home » Attraction » The Stewartry Museum

Contact Information

Phone:
01557 331643

Email:


Address:
The Stewartry Museum
St Mary Street
Kirkcudbright
DG6 4AQ


attractions-facebook

Details

The Stewartry Museum

 

The Stewartry Museum was founded in 1879, and first occupied part of the Kirkcudbright Town Hall. As the collection grew, the present purpose-built museum was planned and opened in 1893. The Museum has an old-world charm and exhibits a wealth of objects relating to the area known as The Stewartry, or Kirkcudbrightshire. The Stewartry Museum holds an impressive local history library and archive collection relating to the Stewartry and an extensive photographic archive. All of these resources can be accessed when visiting the Museum. Prints of the photographic archive can be supplied. For those unable to visit the museum in person a postal research service is also available for a small fee. A temporary exhibitions programme and a selection of children’s trails run throughout the year. Special event days take place during the holidays. For more details see our exhibition programme.

Accessibility: The ground floor is accessible via the front door with the use of a ramp which can be requested from staff. The ground floor to the museum is level. Access to the first floor is by a steep staircase. A single narrow, public toilet is available. Accessible toilets are available in the nearby Kirkcudbright Galleries.

Visit website » « Back to attractions
 
 

More accommodation options:

 
 
Web design and development by Creatomatic